Monday

Prisma Pencil can be used in conjunction with gouache quite easily. This very stylized mixed media painting was a practice piece for a drawing class.

A very light placement sketch was done initially in blue pencil with gouache applied next. The dress was given a wash in pink then completed in prisma pencil for texture and highlighting of the material. Prisma was also used for detail work and outlining of the figures to complete the line drawing style. The blue background was done in gouache.
This practice painting afforded me a great learning experience..... and turned out pretty well for that intention. Thanks also given to my lovely model!
Carolyn Hietala

2 comments:

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

WOW! This is gorgeous! I am trying to learn to draw and paint.

I heard it takes 10,000 hours of practice to become adept--I bet you put in more than that to be this good!

Carolyn Hietala said...

Too kind ;0)
I am so pleased you are doing that... should be good at it... your photos are so beautiful!